Sunday, June 15, 2014

(Mini) Concert: First Aid Kit

On May 22nd I won two spots to see First Aid Kit live at the KINK Bing Lounge. I got in line early and snagged two front row seats for me and my dad who was my plus one. I was really excited to see them since I had missed them when they were in Portland the year before.
First Aid Kit are comprised of Swedish sisters Johanna and Klara Soderberg. They covered the Fleet Foxes song Tiger Mountain Peasant Song which got their name out and helped propel them into a world wide known act.

They played three songs: Cedar Lane which is off their new album "Stay Gold", My Silver Lining also on the new album, and Emmylou which is their ode to country music.
They also did a short interview which is customary of all KINK Bing Lounge shows. They discussed recording their latest album and previous album in Nebraska, kicking off their tour in Portland, and their father touring with them as their sound tech.

After the songs and interview they did a meet and greet. They were so nice and sweet, and signed the back of my ticket. I also took a picture with them, and felt like a total shortie...

Cedar Lane
 

Emmylou


My Silver Lining


No comments:

Post a Comment