Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Concert

When I was seven years old, I saw my very first concert. It was N'Sync at the Rose Garden. I remember my dad had put tickets in an empty heart shaped box on Valentine's Day for me and my sister, and we freaked out. I don't remember too much from that night, but there are three specific things I remember really clearly:

1. I was wearing a long sleeve orange tie-dye shirt, with butterflies on it.

2. I saw a girl wearing a homemade shirt that said "I love Lance" and I got really pissed off because I  loved Lance. The nerve of some people...

3. At one point during the show all the guys got onto this horseshoe platform that rose out into the audience, and my dad told me there were probably around forty feet away, and I was amazed at how close I had been to them.

Of course, this was before cell phones with video, so the only way to have recorded it would have been to bring a clunky old video camera, and that definitely wasn't allowed... I miss the times when people didn't always take videos though. People were more connected to the show and being present, rather than passively taking video to show their friends.

Anyway, that was the show that got me started. Then, three years later or so, I saw Green Day at the Memorial Coliseum, and Lifehouse at the Roseland. Those were my first three, and I'm not gonna lie, I sometimes still listen to N'Sync when I'm bored. Justin Timberlake will always be a guilty pleasure of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment