Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Colin Meloy

It's finally happened! A few months ago, Colin Meloy (lead singer of The Decemberists) announced that he was going to be doing a solo tour, but only the east coast and Midwest dates confirmed. I knew he would be playing Portland since he lives here, but it took forever for him to finally announce it. And now I can happily say that Colin will be playing the Crystal Ballroom on January 21st.

The presale sold out extremely fast, and I'm sure the show will sell out in a matter of days. I highly recommend going! Since I'm such a huge Decemberists fan, anything I can get is amazing.

You can get tickets here, and see the full tour details here.

In the meantime while The Decemberists are still on a hiatus, and Colin won't be playing until next year, you can read the Wildwood Chronicles which are written by Colin and illustrated by his wife Carson Ellis. The books are targeted as young adult novels, but much like Decemberists songs, they have complex plot lines, excellent character development, and an extensive vocabulary.

You can check out both the first and second books (Wildwood, and Under Wildwood), here.


No comments:

Post a Comment