Wednesday, October 2, 2013

December To Remember

Every year the local radio station 94.7fm puts on a series of concerts called December To Remember. The lineup for this year was just announced today and is as follows:

December 1: The Neighborhood
December 2: Foals (at the Wonder Ballroom)
December 2: Alt-J
December 3: The Mowgli's and Said The Whale
December 4: Vampire Weekend and Tame Impala
December 5: Grouplove and MsMr
December 6: Young The Giant
December 7: Fitz And The Tantrums and The Features
December 8: Bastille and NoNoNo
December 10: Phoenix
December 12: Portugal. The Man

It's a great lineup this year! The presale started today at 10am (only two hours after the lineup was announced), and almost all of the shows are now sold out.
Although I was confused as to the whole show was sold out or just the presale. So I called the station and asked, and Gustav (one of the DJ's) said he thinks that the venue legally has to have some to sell when the shows go on sale to the general public.
I was in class all day, and only after getting a frantic text from my sister about Vampire Weekend did I see the big sold out banners on the radio's website. I managed to get tickets for Portugal. The Man, but it was only them and Alt-J that I absolutely HAD to go to. I only was able to get Portugal tickets though, so I'm really hoping to win Alt-J tickets or get them when they go on sale to the general public (if that even happens).
When tickets do go on sale to the general public Monday October 7th at 10am. My dad will be at the box office to the Crystal (where all but one of the shows are) to see if he can get tickets to a few more shows.

I'm hoping I'll get lucky and win some tickets to the shows! My dad has twice won tickets to every Dec2Rem show. I like all of these bands, but I don't have the kind of money to spend on every concert. I'd love to see Phoenix, but 38 bucks plus service charge is a lot.

I'll just try to get lucky!

Here's a link to the 94.7fm web page with all the Dec2Rem info.

No comments:

Post a Comment