Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Concert: Walk The Moon/The Mowgli's

Well hi there!

Last night I ventured to the Roseland Theater yet again to see Walk The Moon and The Mowgli's. But before I talk about that, I have something quick to talk about first.

I won spots to see The Mowgli's at the KINK Bing Lounge that same day! Wooo! I even skipped my Weather class to be there. They played 4 songs, and it was a great little mini show. They stuck around to take pictures with everyone, and were so sweet and humble.



Now back to the show that night: I got in line outside of the Roseland at about 5pm. There was already a large number of people waiting, and I knew I wasn't going to be able to be in the front. I would say the average age of the concert goer that night was about 16, and I could tell it was a lot of their first concerts.

The opening band Smallpools were your typical LA pop rock. Not bad though, definitely worth it to keep on your radar if you're into that kind of music.

Then The Mowgli's came on, and it was wonderful. They're so full of love and energy, and everyone was just dancing and having a fun time. I love the message they send out: Love everyone, make the world better, perform random acts of kindness, etc.  And the fact that their music is so good and catchy makes it easily listenable and therefore sends the message out to more people.
Which is why I want to cook them dinner.
I had messaged Colin (guitar, vocals) about that, but never really heard back. So I talked to Katie (vocals) about that after their KINK show earlier that day, and she said they would love that. Between The Mowgli's and Walk The Moon, Andy (drums, vocals), Dave (keyboard), and Michael (guitar, vocals) all came over to the merch table and were talking with the fans. I first went up to Dave and Andy and told them about my plan to cook them dinner. They took my info and said they'd definitely be in touch. Then I talked to Michael and he was even more excited about the idea than Dave and Andy were.
Now, I know there's a large chance that they won't remember, won't have time, or just won't want to, but I'm hopeful. They're coming back in December, so I guess we'll see.

Anyway, after all that, Walk The Moon took the stage. They were as good as always, but I realized that was probably the last of their shows I would be going to. I remember seeing them open for the Kaiser Chiefs at the Wonder Ballroom two years ago, and how fantastic that was. And even seeing them for a dollar at the Crystal Ballroom, they were still less well known. But now the audience was mostly under 18, and I've found that kind of crowd isn't as much fun to be in. There's lots of phones in your face, petty drama, talking, and general ignorance.
Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment